Sweater and Socks

I just finished The Lighthouse Keepers Wife sweater. There is suppose to be a hood, but I decided to leave it so it looks like a sailors collar. The pattern called for size 13 needles, but I used size 11. The yarn I used was Premier Yarns Cotton Fair Solid.

Image

 

I am also working on Thigh High Stripes by Deborah Newton. I am using Knit Picks Palette yarn. I am letting the socks marinade because I am not sure about the green color. What do you think? I wonder if I should have a brighter green. 

Image

 

I also set another challenge for myself this year. I want to read 20 books in 2014. So far I have read 7 books. I just finished The Giver by Lois Lowry last night.

This was a strange book. 

I started The Maize Runner by James Dashner this morning. I am only 3 chapters in and love it so far. The movie comes out in September. Can’t wait to see it.

Well gotta go. Til next time and happy knitting.

A few things

Here are my finished objects for this week.

I have tons of cotton in my stash. I decided to crochet some dish clothes. The pattern is called Woven Stitch. The pattern can be found here. I love this pattern and it works up really fast.

IMG_0922

 

IMG_0924

I have finished my Suke-Suke Cowl. It is on my blocking mats and can’t wait to wear it. The way the weather has been around here I should be able to wear it this week.

IMG_0925

 

IMG_0926

 

Nothing new came off my Addi Kingsize. Maybe next week.

Til then.

 

Not Much Accomplished

I didn’t get much accomplished this last week. I don’t know what happened. The week just got away from me. I have been watching Youtube videos, that might be the problem, and found Margaret Olander. She is so inspirational and down to earth. She has several videos or parts of videos on using up some of her “Bits and Bobs”. Bits and Bobs are her opened skeins of yarn that she may have used a lot of or just a little bit of. I have decided to start using up mine. The first step was to go through and find the ones that were opened. Dang that was a job. I only went through 3 drawers. Out of the 3 drawers 2 drawers were opened skeins and I know have one drawer of brand new skeins. That is just the acrylic yarn. Oh well.

Here is another hat I made on the Addi Machine. It turned out ok. The yarn I used for the brim was a little lot fiddley. I made it work. Who ever gets this will love it.

IMG_0908

 

I am still working on my Suke-Suke Cowl by Olga Buraya-Kefelian. It is coming along and am on the last repeat. I am getting really nervous because I am going to have to drop stitches, on purpose, pretty soon. Maybe I will make a video of this happening. Then you all can share in my nervousness.

IMG_0910

Well that’s all. Til next time.